- King Arthur Flour: Hundreds of recipes for the novice to experienced baker.
- America’s Test Kitchen: Time-tested recipes for weekdays or celebratory meals.
- Barefoot Contessa: Beautiful, reliable recipes for entertaining.
- feedfeed: Gorgeous food inspiration.
- Penzeys: Large selection of fresh spices sold in jars or in bags.
- Dolan Creek Farm: My main source for vegetables, eggs, and beef in Boring, Oregon.
If you visit Portland, Oregon
- Powell’s Books: Shop new, used, rare, and out-of-print books. Stay for hours.
- Scotch Lodge: If you love whiskey, this bar (that also serves incredible food) is a must!
- St. Jack: Chef Aaron Barnett’s take on the humble excellence of rustic French cuisine. Excellent bar program too.
- Bollywood Theater: My favorite Portland lunch spot.
- Portland Farmer’s Market: Located at Portland State University, this outdoor market showcases the best that Oregon has to offer!