- King Arthur Flour: Hundreds of recipes for the novice to experienced baker.
- America’s Test Kitchen: Time-tested recipes for weekdays or celebratory meals.
- Barefoot Contessa: Beautiful, reliable recipes for entertaining.
- feedfeed: Gorgeous food inspiration.
- Penzeys: Large selection of fresh spices sold in jars or in bags.
- Dolan Creek Farm: My main source for vegetables, eggs, and beef in Boring, Oregon.
If you visit Portland, Oregon
- Powell’s Books: Shop new, used, rare, and out-of-print books. Stay for hours.
- Pine Street Market: A taste of Portland’s finest foods in one building.
- St. Jack: Chef Aaron Barnett’s take on the humble excellence of rustic French cuisine. Excellent bar program too.
- Bollywood Theater: My favorite Portland lunch spot.
- Tusk: Vegetable-driven, locally-sourced ingredients, contemporary, Middle Eastern menu. I highly recommend allowing the chef to choose your entire menu at $55 per person. It is the ultimate experience.