S’mores Blossom Cookies
S’mores Blossom Cookies hit all of the right flavor and texture notes: a wheaty, sweet cookie reminiscent of graham crackers found in a familiar blue box. Pillowy, white marshmallows with a touch of golden char. Milk chocolate so sweet and rich. Not only will these cookies take you back to your childhood days around the campfire, they are also extremely adorable.
I used a mix of two flours for this recipe. Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Baking Flour and a touch of Bob’s Red Mill Graham Flour. Graham flour adds a touch of heartiness and wholesomeness to the cookie without compromising the texture.
Recipe adapted from the cookbook “The Perfect Cookie” by America’s Test Kitchen, 2017.
S’mores Blossom Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Graham Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
8 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz) sugar
8 whole graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs (about 1 cup)
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 large marshmallows, halved crosswise
24 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped (important to unwrap first as you will need to place kisses quickly onto hot marshmallows)
- Adjust oven position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Using stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, and 1/2 cup of the graham cracker crumbs on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Reduce speed to low, slowly add flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs in shallow dish. Working with one tablespoon of dough at a time, roll into balls, them toss in graham cracker crumbs to coat.
- Space dough balls evenly on baking sheets. Bake, one sheet at a time, until just set and beginning to crack on the sides, 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes.
- Adjust oven rack 10 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Place 1 marshmallow half, cut side down, in center of each cookies.
- Broil cookies until marshmallows are deep golden brown, about 30 seconds. Watch carefully as marshmallows can go from perfectly brown to burnt in an instant. Rotate cookies sheets if needed for even browning. Transfer sheet to wire rack and immediately place 1 candy in center of each marshmallow, pressing down gently. Repeat with remaining cookies, marshmallows, and kisses. Let cookies cool completely before serving.
Thank you Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post! Check out more delicious healthy recipes, snag coupons and find stores near you at BobsRedMill.com!